BRAISED RED CABBAGE
A great winter warmer, this recipe makes the perfect accompaniment to any meal, including a delicious roast dinner or pork, and is a brilliant way to get some extra vegetables in. It also makes a great time saver as it can be kept in the freezer and used when needed.
- 1 Small Red Cabbage
- 1 Apple
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Genenerous Knob of Butter
- 70ml Natural Umber (4 tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon. Alternatively you could use 1 cinnamon stick
The best part of this recipe is how simple it is to make!
Finely chop your red cabbage, onion and apple. Throw all of your ingredients into a large pan on a low heat. Pop a lid on and leave to simmer for 1.5-2 hours, depending on how soft you would like your ingredients to be. Then you’re ready to serve.
This will keep in your freezer for up to a few months or in your fridge for 2-3 days.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.