This tangy recipe is filled with chunky veg and can be used as a delicious accompaniment to white fish or charcuteries! Alternatively, add a nice ribbon to the jar and give as a homemade gift to foodie friends.
Choose a selection of your favourite hearty veg. We suggest:
- 2-3 fennel bulbs. If you’re not a fan of fennel, replace this with onion.
- 3-4 chillies, depending on your preference of heat. Alternatively you could try a good helping of chilli flakes.
- 1 whole cauliflower, florets
- 2 carrots
- 2 peppers, colour of your choice
- A handful of Green Beans
- 1 Courgette
- 300ml Natural Umber apple cider vinegar
- 100ml water
- 20g granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp English Mustard Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin & Turmeric
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
Prep and dice your ingredients to your preferred thickness. A mandoline can be useful here.
Throw all of your ingredients into a large pan, bringing to a simmer for approx. 5 – 10 mins, or enough to soften your veg.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before evenly distributing into clean jars. We find it easiest to ladle the veg first and top each jar evenly with liquid. This recipe should be enough to fill up to 5 jars, depending on the size.
These will keep for up to 6 months in the fridge. Best to use within 4 weeks once each jar has been opened.