Making a morning smoothie doesn’t have to be a chore. There’s no need to carefully measure everything or chopping, peeling and slicing. Whizz your favourite healthy flavours in a strong blender and see how it tastes. Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge until the next day.
To help you, here’s some smoothie ingredients we recommend, but don’t add them all! Think of this as a ‘pick and mix’ of ingredients to best suit your taste.
Don’t forget to add a few dashes of Natural Umber organic apple cider vinegar for a fruity, tangy twist!
- Large pinch of Chia seeds
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- Teaspoon of hemp protein
- 150ml of almond milk
- Tablespoon cashew or almond butter
- Half a cooked beetroot
- Handful of fresh spinach or kale
- Handful of blueberries
- A handful of oats
- Two tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- Half an avocado
Other Great-Tasting Healthy Smoothie Ingredients
- A few dashes of fresh orange juice for sweetness and vitamin C.
- A tablespoon of honey, great as a sweetener and for soothing sore throats
- A few cubes of ice to cool the mixture and keep hydrated